UPDATED – The Future of Hearing: Exploring the Challenges and Possibilities

We are excited to announce an upcoming event to highlight the research of the Stanford Initiative to Cure Hearing Loss.

VintCerfInviteImage

Our Honored Guest, Vint Cerf will be speaking and moderating an expert panel on, The Future of Hearing: Exploring the Challenges and Possibilities

The event will take place on Wednesday, June 18th from 5:30-7pm in the Li Ka Shing Center for Learning and Knowledge and we cordially invite you to join us.  If you would like to attend, please RSVP by June 1st to:

Vanny Koornwinder at 650.725.0814 or vanny@stanford.edu

–   –   –   –   –   –   –   –   –   –   –

Excitingly, we have had a great show of interest in our upcoming event, and it has reached capacity. If you haven’t RSVP’d, but hoped to attend, please email kmorris@ohns.stanford.edu and we will add you to the waiting list.

If you can’t attend, but are interested in the event – we will be posting a captioned video shortly afterwards.

~ We’d like to thank you all for you interest in the event and support of SICHL!

2017-04-19T13:43:27+00:00

11 Comments

1. Steve July 4, 2014 at 7:38 am

Where is this video: The Future of Hearing: Exploring the Challenges and Possibilities?

2. Bill Fisher June 8, 2014 at 8:15 am

This is an RSVP.

3. sharon June 4, 2014 at 8:18 am

I have 70 % hearing loss and very loud tinnitus I have only been like this since sept 2013 I hope their will be a cure one day soon I would put my self forward for research thank u sharon

4. Helen June 2, 2014 at 8:35 pm

this was the first for me here..I am a 61 yr old female, started to loose my hearing in my late 30′ worked up to my mid 40..wanted to watch the viedo but could not hear it. was wondering why there is no closed caption??

Sincereley,

Helen Montanez

• Kate Morris June 11, 2014 at 9:19 am

Helen,
      Thank you for your comment. Yes, that captions will be uploaded soon, but in the meantime, you can watch the video on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSij8kR41_U- the auto captions have been edited for accuracy. – Thanks

5. Bobbie June 2, 2014 at 3:32 pm

I’m unable to attend. Are there plans to share captioned video or transcripts of the presentation?

• Kate Morris June 11, 2014 at 9:20 am

Bobbie – Yes, a captioned video of the event will be posted shortly afterwards.

6. Tom Evslin May 19, 2014 at 3:07 pm

Vint is well-known as the real father of the Internet. But this panel he’ll be chairing is about another way of overcoming communication barriers -curing hearing loss. Stanford has made great progress towards cures. I’m privileged to be on the panel, too. Come if you can, especially if your or someone you know has hearing loss.

• tom May 26, 2014 at 12:07 pm

I would like to join this event, but I’m oversee. So I hope there will be a video to watch at home, would be very exciting.
      All the best for the amazing research!

• Kate Morris June 11, 2014 at 9:21 am

Tom – thank you for your support of our research. Yes, a captioned video will be posted after the event.